Sunday, January 28, 2018

Last Saturday of the trip. (Also the first day of finals "studying")


After a short study session in the morning, a large part of our group ended up at the Central Market for lunch and got langos from a place that we went over to on our first weekend. While we were there, almost everyone started the process of buying things to take home to the states. Brian would like to assure his mom that she will like what she will be getting.

After a relatively uneventful day, a group of us went to Vapiano for dinner. This quick and relatively cheap Italian chain has become one of our go-to spots for a tasty munch (along with Pad-Thai Wok Bar). I got a margherita pizza, and although it was on the crispy side, it was quite flavorful. My favorite quirk of Vapiano is the small potted herbs growing on the tables, which one is intended to pick and eat. It is a great idea to ensure that the herbs are always fresh. After the meal several of us went to a sock and sunglasses emporium along VĂ¡ci utca. They had a very eclectic collection. A lot of the socks were Beatles themed, oddly enough. Unfortunately, the store was closing just as we entered, so the sock shenanigans were cut short. Perhaps I will return and purchase some souvenir stockings. Who doesn’t like socks?

After dinner we went out for chimney cakes, which has become a recurring theme over the past week or so. To end our evening we chose to watch a movie titled The Immitation Game. It is about the mathematician named Alan Turing, who helped crack the German code during World War II. It was an interesting movie in that some of the math was what we did in our cryptology lesson on Thursday.
















Today, I led an attack upon a small enemy fort. The battle started unfavorably. Our troops marched uphill through thick snow and against enemy gunfire, but soon, our bows were in range, and we flew our arrows over their fortifications. Attempting to seize the high ground, I ordered my spear levy and katana kachi to climb the walls. A bloody battle ensured. Our swords and spears met their spears and flesh. We were slowly winning, but at a great cost.

Then, I sprang my trap. Kisho ninjas leaped over the wall and threw grenades to break one of their spear levies and take down a watch tower, and, from the arrow of one of my treasured bowmen, their general fell. "A glorious victory will soon be ours," I could hear my men cheering, but their remaining spear levy whipped into a fury over the death of their general. Somehow, a stampering group of peasants with forks must have all been hardcore Naruto fans as they pulled some Tae kwon do that not even a samurai with all of his life's training could keep up with, and this spear levy routed both of my melee troops. Then, moving at the speed of weeb, the headband wearing levies charged my ninjas. My ninjas attempted their invisibility move to escape, but the enemy's ninjistu was too high and took them down. During this brawl, my general partner dismounted his horse and mounted the wall to 1v1 those scrubs.
I tried to stop him. I leaped off my horse to assist in the battle, but it was too late. He fell before he could even use his secret move. That moment, I knew I had to escape. I turned toward the open gate, but the enemy's matchlock levy was standing in my path. Forgotten, these troops stood dumbfounded as the spear men tore through my men, and now, they weren't about to let me escape. I charged them down, attempting one last break though before the spear levy comes, but it was for not. The matchlocks held and the spear men were already in a charge.

PWFFFT! Arrows flew and struck down the matchlock levy. My bowmen pulled though and enabled my escape. We ran together, fleeing from the enemy's stronghold to hide in the forest, where we sat in defeat, waiting for our lone shinobi to return from scouting.







No comments:

Post a Comment